No matter how you take care of your carpet, it will still be subjected to unwanted spills from drinks, food, soda and it will get stained, dusty and will be a habitat for mites and other microorganisms making the carpet unsafe for the entire family. Because of this, it would be best to rely its maintenance and cleaning to Carpet Cleaners in Perth. Here are additional tips to make the task cost-effective and have your carpets in excellent condition.
- To minimize the carpet cleaning costs and to reduce the need to hire professional carpet cleaners, vacuum your carpet at least once a week. This is highly recommended especially if your carpet is frequently stepped on by your family or pets. With regular carpet vacuuming, you prevent dirt build up and the accumulation of microorganisms in the carpet that may threaten your health and at the same time, compromise its quality. When you vacuum, focus on hard to reach areas such as under your home appliances or furniture.
- For wall to wall carpets, vacuum the carpet in sections until the entire area is covered. If the carpet is too big, divide the carpet in half or into quadrants. With proper carpet cleaning, you reduce the need to hire Carpet Cleaners in Perth. Do not skip areas to ensure that the carpet would be thoroughly cleaned and maintained properly.
- For thick and plush carpets, allocate more time and attention to vacuum it because dirt and grime are more imbedded into the carpet. Repeatedly pass the vacuum cleaner as needed.
- Aside from paying more attention to frequented areas, pass the vacuum cleaner on areas where people usually sit or rest their feet more often. Vacuum in crisscross patterns or with the use of overlapping strokes.
- To reduce the need to hire professional Carpet Cleaners in Perth, add baking soda onto the vacuum bag to get rid of bad odour and musty smell on your carpet. For heavy stains or if your carpet is too big to clean manually, call a professional carpet cleaner and let them handle the job instead.